What are wood Pellets?
- Wood Pellets are a cylindrical shaped fuel derived from the by-product of wood. The wood raw material is processed and dried and eventually made into sawdust before being fed into a pellet mill, where the sawdust is force fed through 6 or 8 mm holes then cut with a knife to create the right size, diameter and length of fuel.
What are Wood Pellets used for?
- Wood Pellets were first produced when animal feed companies wanted a space-saving way of processing the food raw materials so they could be transported and stored easier. Eventually, companies trialled turning wood into pellets and this process ended up with a very good burning fuel that is extremely dry and easy to store, and after many years the first Biomass Boilers came into production, which produced heat from these Wood Pellets.
In more recent years, Wood Pellets have been adapted to the use of Horse and Animal Bedding, because it's absorption properties are much greater than the traditional bedding's of straw, wood shavings and sawdust. Pellets are also much, much easier to store than these other forms of bedding, as well as being easier to much out, last a lot longer before needing changed, much nicer smelling and far better value for money.
How are they delivered?
- We deliver our Wood Pellets in 15 kg bags or tote bags weighting 1.35 tonne. Unlike our competitors, we will deliver your order right into your garage, shed, home or yard, rather than just at the kerbside.
Is there a minimum order?
- At JS Biomass, we do not have any minimum order requirements and never will. if you want just one bag of pellets delivered to your door, we can do it.
Are Wood Pellets a renewable form of energy?
- Absolutely, Wood Pellets have been recognised as a renewable form of energy since they were first introduced to the home heating industry. Depending on the temperature that they are burnt at, Wood Pellets can release just one gas, and that's the CO2 that they took from the atmosphere as trees. It is very important to ensure your Biomass Boiler is well maintained and serviced so that the pellets you burn remain safe for the environment.
How much do our Wood Pellets cost?
- You can find more details about our Wood Pellets including their costs by clicking here. The price varies between Boiler Pellets and Animal Bedding, because one is charged at 5% VAT and the other at 20% VAT.
Who packages and delivers our Wood Pellets?
- While many UK companies have their Wood Pellets packaged offsite and delivered by courier, we bag all of our products at our base in Laurencekirk, saving valuable fuel costs and harm to the environment. We also deliver 98% of our orders ourselves, ensuring a 100% Quality Service throughout; this is also what allows us to eliminate the stipulation of "kerbside delivery", and means we can deliver your goods right into your home, garage, shed or store.
How can you order Wood Pellets?
- You can order your Wood Pellets over the phone, or simply online and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible to discuss.
Can you buy just one bag?
- Yes of course. We have no minimum order rules so you can buy just one bag if you like, and we don't mind delivering it for you.
Do we offer time to pay?
- We have an understanding here at JS Biomass that sometimes, buying our products in bulk can be a big outlay on the monthly bank balance, which is why we allow all transactions a 30 Day grace period to pay the outstanding balance. However, we do appreciate if you could let us know in advance, should you need this facility, otherwise we generally expect payment before the following Sunday.
Why should you buy from us?
- It is clear to see from our website that we are a very honest and transparent company, and we hide nothing from our customers and competitors. We are a small-business based in the heart of Scotland and by shopping with us you aren't funding a big corporation but rather putting food on the tables of genuine, hard-working families. At JS Biomass, quality and excellent service are our two main priorities, and we feel we give the best service of any Biomass Company in the UK. It is our goal to help lower the green house gas produced in Scotland and the UK, and as the Biomass Industry grows we will be here to support and service the public with the best quality products available, from a company you will know and trust.
How far do we deliver?
- We are happy to delivery anywhere in the Mainlands of Scotland, England and Wales, but please get in touch regarding delivery to the outer British Isles.